Mica sheet (a common name for Acrylic plastic) is a transparent material for making business advertising signboards thanks to its high aesthetic and durability. Mica (Acrylic) sheet is considered an effective material for both indoor and outdoor advertising signboards,
and is also chosen by many businesses for its aesthetic and economical values. In addition, mica sheets come with a variety of colors for your best selection.
Besides colored mica sheets, transparent mica sheets are also widely applied. So what are the properties and applications of transparent mica sheets? Let’s find out the answer with Livas through this article.
Properties of transparent Acrylic sheets
Transparent acrylic sheets are often compared to glasses but their density are only 1/2 to that of glass panels and allow 98% of light to penetrate through. The thickness of a transparent acrylic sheet is only about 3 mm with the melting point of 460oC (860oF).
It is thanks to the outstanding features that make transparent acrylic sheets a preferred choice for customers. Transparent acrylic sheets are featured with a smooth and high-gloss surface, glass-like transparency, good light penetration, and come with a variety of thicknesses, which make it a versatile material for making advertising signboards and other products.
See below for detailed features of transparent acrylic sheets:
– Transparent acrylic sheets allow up to 98% of light penetration
– The thickness of transparent Acrylic sheets varies from 0.1mm – 25mm, which can be adapted for various uses.
– Transparent Acrylic sheets also come up with various sizes, from small to large, depending on your requirements.
– Transparent Acrylic sheets have smooth and high-gloss surfaces, bringing great aesthetic to advertising signboards.
– With the same appearance just like glasses, transparent Acrylic sheets are shatter resistant and thus have a very low chance of breaking, while glasses are not.
– Transparent Acrylic sheets are neither affected by time nor weather factors, thus are perfect for outdoor advertising signboards.
– Transparent Acrylic sheets offer high color fastness without getting yellowed for about 30 years and retaining color up to 10 years later.
– Transparent Acrylic sheets’ surface may be glossy, matte or rough.
– Transparent Acrylic sheets can withstand alkaline environments such as salt, soap, etc., so even when exposed to rain water or cleaning agents, they will not be damaged.
– Transparent Acrylic sheets can be easily machined to form advertising signboards. A laser cutter can be used for a much more delicate and sharp cut.
– Transparent Acrylic sheets can withstand high temperatures, up to 80oC, thus not to be melted when exposed to hot weather.
Applications of transparent Acrylic sheets
With the above technical properties, transparent Acrylic sheets have wide applications in various fields, especially in advertising.
With the current advertising technology, transparent Acrylic sheets can be used for signboards, LED light boxes, and especially for large signboards requiring high quality.
– You can also use transparent Acrylic sheets for in-store decorative items and equipment, or for interior decoration with a modern style.
– Thanks to its transparency and anti-shattering feature, transparent Acrylic sheets can also be used to make aquariums, ocean parks or to create effects with water.
– For industrial applications, transparent Acrylic sheets may be used for noise prevention, heat protection, lighting, musical instruments, electronics, marine, etc.
With the properties and applications as mentioned above, we can see how transparent Acrylic sheets can fit for various fields. Transparent Acrylic sheets are one of the best solutions to make attractive advertising signboards for businesses.
Buy now: Cheap Acrylic sheets in Hanoi